Surf lessons Noosa at Double Island Point, home of Australia’s longest and safest beginner wave. We take you away from the crowds where you can learn to surf on super fun long waves that will make your progression rewarding and fast.
Sunshine Coast’s hidden gem is only accessible by 4WD vehicles through the Great Sandy National Park and we take you on an exciting Great Beach Drive adventure to the spectacular Double Island Point. This location features a long sandy point break with waves that seem to go forever and one of the easiest most satisfying waves you can ever learn to surf on. You could be riding waves for 100’s of meters on your first surf lesson.
Learn to surf in waist deep water with friendly instructors that are highly experienced and fully qualified to get you surfing and having fun in a safe, uncrowded environment. We guarantee that you will stand up on your first surf lesson!
Our smaller surf school groups equal more waves for you and a much better 1 on 1 instructor time. 90 percent of our clients are first time learn to surfparticipants so don’t worry if you have never surfed before, we will get you surfing quickly by teaching you the right surfing techniques safely. We have the latest design of soft boards in a variety of sizes to suit everyone.
- Depart Noosa in specialised 4WD vehicles from pick up points.
- Travel via Noosa North Shore ferry and onto Teewah Beach.
- Spectacular Great Beach Drive experience passing the stunning famous Rainbow Beach coloured sand cliffs.
- Breathtaking remote beaches > an amazing sense of freedom.
- Arrive at an untouched paradise – Double Island Point.
- Home to Australia’s longest beginner waves.
- Equipment set up and safety/instruction briefing on the beach.
- Fun surf lesson instruction by fully qualified, friendly surf instructors.
- Instructor assisted wave positioning & riding in the water.
- Individual instruction to suit each participants surfing level.
- Light snacks & refreshments provided.
- Return trip along the Great Beach Drive back to Noosa.
Departure times vary daily as a result of tide times to access Double Island Pointalong the Great Beach Drive. Please reconfirm for specific departure times. Please allow 5-6 hours from pick up to drop off.
4WD Great Beach Drive experience, equipment hire (specialised softboards, wetshirt/ wetsuit), fun surf instruction, National Park entry fees, light snacks and refreshments, pictures on request.
What to bring?
Please bring what you would usually bring to the beach e.g: towel, sunscreen, water, camera, snacks.
What does it cost?
$120 per person for day tour
Where do I depart?
This tour departs Noosa, on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast and is located 1.5 hours north of Brisbane along the Great Beach Drive. Please meet 15 minutes before departure at either of the 2 pick up points below.
Pick-up Point Details:
NOOSA HEADS: Corner of Noosa Parade and Noosa Drive (click map)
NOOSAVILLE: Gympie Terrace at Giant Pelican (click map)