Experience an Epic Ocean Adventure back to nature and into the wild with our Dolphin View Kayak Tour. It all starts with a stunning beach 4X4 trip into the Great Sandy National Park to the spectacular Double Island Point. Take in the views and natural beauty of Australia’s Nature Coast on a guided ocean kayak paddle whilst experiencing the buzzing hub of wildlife in this tropical aquatic paradise. This location features scenic views of the Rainbow Beach coloured sands, Fraser Island and pristine Honeymoon Bay.
Double Island Point is only accessible by 4WD vehicles around low tide, its away from the crowds and into the heart of the Great Sandy National Park where many of the local and migrating wildlife can be experienced.
Large Bottlenose dolphin pods, Humpback whales (June – November), Six of the world’s seven marine turtle species can be found here as well as manta rays, sting rays, soldier crabs in their thousands and a variety of local and migrating sea birds.
We guide you on a gentle paddle in Honeymoon Bay and Double Island headland taking in the breath taking views and natural surroundings of the area as well as seeing the Double Island Point Lighthouse from a unique view. Bottlenose dolphin pods are often seen here feeding on large schools of fish and can be as curious as we are and you could be in for an experience of a lifetime!
No kayaking experience is required for this tour, beginner friendly location & suitable for all levels.
This trip is suitable for ages 7 years up and is a must for anyone looking for a lifetime experience with the wild! There is some 400+ dolphins living in the area and chances to see dolphins on kayak tour are generally high (90%) with likely chances to also see turtles, whales (June- November), rays, sea birds and soldier crabs in their thousands. If your a wild nature lover this is the tour for you.
Departure times vary daily as a result of tide times to access Double Island Point along the beach. Please reconfirm for specific departure times. Please allow 5-6 hours from pick up to drop off.
- Depart Noosa in specialised 4WD vehicles, travel via Noosa North Shore ferry and onto Teewah Beach.
- Experience the thrill of the Great Beach Drive taking in the stunning views & passing the famous Rainbow Beach coloured sand cliffs.
- Breathtaking remote beaches > an amazing sense of freedom.
- Arrive at an untouched paradise, Double Island Point.
- Spectacular headland buzzing with marine life & a dolphin tour in the wild!
- Equipment set up and safety/instruction briefing on the beach.
- Casual guided paddle around the headland taking in the unique views and local marine life.
- See local Bottlenose dolphins feeding and playing up close in the area.
- Whales on migration resting or to check us out and put on a show.
- Many different turtles feeding around the point.
- Get a unique view of the Double Island Point Lighthouse from the water.
- Light snacks & refreshments provided.
- Return trip along the Great Beach Drive back to Noosa.
For more information please visit our FAQ’s page or contact us now and our friendly booking team will be happy to assist you further.
4WD Great Beach Drive experience, equipment hire, guided kayak & wildlife tour, National Park entry fees, light snacks & refreshments, pictures on request.
What to bring?
Please bring what you would usually bring to the beach e.g: towel, sunscreen, water, camera, snacks.
What does it cost?
$129 per person for day tour
Where do I depart?
This tour departs Noosa, on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast and is located 1.5 hours north of Brisbane along the Great Beach Drive. Please meet 15 minutes before departure at either of the 2 pick up points below.
Pick-up Point Details:
NOOSA HEADS: Corner of Noosa Parade and Noosa Drive (click map)
NOOSAVILLE: Gympie Terrace at Giant Pelican (click map)