Experience an Epic Ocean Adventure back to nature and into the wild with our Dolphin View Kayak Tour. We take you on a stunning Great Beach Drive into the Great Sandy National Park to the spectacular Double Island Point. This location features scenic views of the Rainbow Beach coloured sands and Fraser Island, crystal clear waters warm all year round and lots of different wildlife to see.
Double Island Point is only accessible by 4WD vehicles, its away from the crowds and into the heart of the Great Sandy National Park where many of the local and migrating wildlife can be experienced.
Large Bottlenose dolphin pods, Humpback whales (June – November), turtles, manta rays, sting rays, soldier crabs in their thousands and migrating sea birds are all common here.
We take you on a gentle paddle around the headland taking in the breath taking views and natural surroundings of the area as well as seeing the Double Island Point Lighthouse from a unique view. Bottlenose dolphin pods are seen here often feeding on large schools of fish and are often as curious as we are and can give you an experience of a lifetime!
No kayaking experience is required for this tour, beginner friendly location & suitable for all levels.
This trip is suitable for ages 7 years up and is a must for anyone looking for a lifetime experience with the wild! There is some 400+ dolphins living in the area and chances to see dolphins on kayak tour are high (90%) with likely chances to also see turtles, whales (May- November), rays, sea birds and soldier crabs in their thousands. If your a nature lover this is the tour for you.
Departure times vary daily as a result of tide times to access Double Island Point along the Great Beach Drive. Please reconfirm for specific departure times. Please allow 5-6 hours from pick up to drop off.
- Depart Noosa in specialised 4WD vehicles, travel via Noosa North Shore ferry and onto Teewah Beach.
- Experience the thrill of the Great Beach Drive taking in the stunning views & passing the famous Rainbow Beach coloured sand cliffs.
- Breathtaking remote beaches > an amazing sense of freedom.
- Arrive at an untouched paradise, Double Island Point.
- Spectacular headland buzzing with marine life & a dolphin tour in the wild!
- Equipment set up and safety/instruction briefing on the beach.
- Casual guided paddle around the headland taking in the unique views and local marine life.
- See local Bottlenose dolphins feeding and playing up close in the area.
- Whales on migration resting or to check us out and put on a show.
- Many different turtles feeding around the point.
- Get a unique view of the Double Island Point Lighthouse from the water.
- Light snacks & refreshments provided.
- Return trip along the Great Beach Drive back to Noosa.
4WD Great Beach Drive experience, equipment hire, guided kayak & wildlife tour, National Park entry fees, light snacks & refreshments, pictures on request.
What to bring?
Please bring what you would usually bring to the beach e.g: towel, sunscreen, water, camera, snacks.
What does it cost?
$120 per person for day tour
Where do I depart?
This tour departs Noosa, on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast and is located 1.5 hours north of Brisbane along the Great Beach Drive. Please meet 15 minutes before departure at either of the 2 pick up points below.
Pick-up Point Details:
NOOSA HEADS: Corner of Noosa Parade and Noosa Drive (click map)
NOOSAVILLE: Gympie Terrace at Giant Pelican (click map)